The Queensmead History
Queensmead Community Primary School was formed from the amalgamation in 2006 of the former Queensmead Infant and Queensmead Junior Schools on the Braunstone estate. The school moved into its new £6 Million building in January 2007 on the site of the former infant school. Queensmead Junior school was formed after the closure of the MLD Unit on Hamelin Drive in 1997 and the former Braunstone Hall Juniors (which opened in the hall in 1932) relocated from the old Braunstone Hall to this site to become Queensmead Junior School.
In November 2012, the new Queensmead Primary Academy opened its doors to the community of Braunstone as an Academy,sponsored by the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust.
For further information about the Trust, please visit www.greenwoodacademies.org