Your safety is very important to us here at the Academy and we will do everything we can to make sure that you learn in a safe environment. If you do feel unsafe at any time, you must tell an adult you trust so that we know about the problem and can deal with it.
- the wilful, conscious desire to hurt or threaten someone, physically, emotionally or materially on a number of occasions; or
- when a person or a group deliberately intends to cause someone else to feel hurt, distressed, threatened or humiliated; or
- behaviour by an individual or group, usually repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or group either physically or emotionally.
Bullying is not acceptable
- We want everybody at the Academy to feel safe and secure
- We believe no-one should be bullied in any way
- Verbal abuse of another pupil is bullying
- A physical attack on a pupil is bullying
- We must all make sure bullies never win
If you, or someone you know is being bullied:
- Watching and doing nothing supports the bully
- Tell a member of staff or a member of your family immediately