We are pleased to announce that we have been awarded with the Food for Life Bronze award for our healthy and climate-friendly food culture.
At Queensmead we are proud of the food that we serve. We are currently working towards a 'Food for Life' Bronze award for our academy.
You can find out more about where our food comes from by clicking on the links below.
If you would like to know more about our school dinners please contact the office.
You can view our menu by clicking the button below.
Click the button below for an introduction to Healthy Eating for children aged 5 - 11
Healthy Packed Lunch
We are always trying to encourage healthier packed lunch boxes in the academy. Here you will find lots of advice and ideas on creating a healthy packed lunch for your child.
Stuck for ideas for lunchbox choices click this link for some inspiration and healthy suggestions:
We sent out questionnaires to all parents about the academy school meals and we also asked for healthy recipe ideas.
Here is one of the suggestions:
Low Calorie Spray
60g Wholemeal roll
1 tsp mustard powder
2 tsps. of mixed herbs
4 Skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c / 180f
- Spray a baking tray with cooking spray
- Whizz the bread roll in a food processor until you have fine breadcrumbs
- Add herbs and mustard powder
- Lightly beat the eggs in a shallow bowl
- Dip the chicken in the egg and coat in the breadcrumbs
- Arrange on the baking tray and cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve with a garden salad
Mmmm sounds delicious.
If you have any healthy recipes that you would like to share with other parents please write them down and drop them into the office.