At Queensmead Primary Academy, we ensure that the PE curriculum is underpinned by our Routes to Resilience work. We provide opportunities for pupils to achieve their full potential and recognise the benefits of encouraging a life-long commitment to being active, staying healthy, developing teamwork and social skills.
Our high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. It provides opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. We provide opportunities to compete in sport and other activities, which builds character and helps to embed values such as fairness, respect and resilience. All children are given the opportunity to develop their social, teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
Our PE curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence skills to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives and are aware of how physical exercise can have a positive impact on their well-being
- develop social and team building skills.